Sunday, January 1, 2012

Margot at the Wedding (1*)

Amazon link to the movie
Amazon link to my review

I watched this movie because it gave me something to watch while riding my stationary bike and didn't want to stop my exercise to find a better alternative. What a mistake that was.

As a dark comedy, it is only dark. As a drama there is nothing dramatic. There is no plot development because there is no plot to develop. There is no character development, all characters end as totally dysfunctional as they started. There is nothing memorable in the movie from beginning to end.

There is good acting, but they might as well deliver random monologues of the insane. Good acting did not save the movie.

The characters are unspeakably cruel to each other, and you long for one breath of sane fresh air, perhaps a line like:

* Be reasonable or I'm out of here.
* Don't you see how cruel that remark is?
* Let's not go there.
* How about we lighten up?

If this movie represents our generation then its time for another global flood, and appropriate to stock the ark with everything except people.

No comments:

Post a Comment